On the parkway in Pigeon Forge, right in front of the entrance to The Island, is an unusually stark and imposing-looking building with the words “Alcatraz East Crime Museum” emblazoned onto it. You might think this attraction seems out of place here, but that’s exactly what makes it unique for the city. While most of our “wild world” museums like Ripley’s Believe It or Not! or the Guinness World of Records are up in Gatlinburg, Alcatraz is our own fun-for-older-families complex dedicated to all aspects on the subject of crime. In-depth, serious but also interactive and enthralling, Alcatraz East will definitely add depth and memorable experiences to your next Smoky Mountain getaway!
From their brochure:
* Notorious History of American Crime.
* Punishment: the Consequences of Crime.
* Crime Fighting.
* Crime Scene Investigation.
* Counterfeit Crimes & Pop Culture
Cops and Robbers Kid’s Programs
* Find Blackbeard’s Missing Medallion
* Escape From Alcatraz
* Complete Kids Safety Questions
Don’t Miss This…
* Two Temporary Exhibit Galleries
* The Heist! Laser Maze Challenge
* Prohibition Shootout
* Getaway Car Gallery including the O.J. Simpson Ford Bronco!
Free parking at The Island in Pigeon Forge.
Alcatraz East is Open Daily from 10:00AM to 9:00PM. Please check website for any time changes.”
2757 Parkway, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863